Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Chapter 2 Sign-ups, Finally!! [Starts on Friday, January 15]
 Posted: May 11 2010, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon
Group: Pokemon Master
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Tsukikage @ May 10 2010, 10:31 PM)
Rathe was a pseudo-commander from what I remember. Basically anything he says or does can be done without and the plot'd still move on just fine.

@Leafy - Yesplz. >: I'm in dire need of a refresh/recap/review/summary/etc.

BASIC SUMMERY OF THE PAST FEW CHAPTERS:

Before the prologue: King Eric (Triannos' king) receives word that two (or was it 3?) Evoidian battalions are attacking various points in the kingdom. As a response, the king sent out two troops to meet and defeat the foe.

Prologue: Focused on one of the troops as they met and successfully routed one of the Evoidian battalions.

Chapter 1: The troop from the previous chapter returns to the capital to find it under siege, the opposing side winning. The tables turn after some struggle, and the castle is regained.

After Chapter 1: A war council is issued, during which King Eric becomes aware that one of his troops--and one of his generals--hasn't returned from the field. General Fremont insisted on leading an investigation troop to find what has become of the missing army.

Chapter 2: The investigation troop comes upon the battle site to find that Triannos had been the losing side. At the same time, one of the thieves in the fort picks his lock and sets one of the other prisoners free. Chase (the prisoner) escapes from the fort and runs to get help.

Which leads us to where we are: In a battle outside the fort.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Aviv
 Posted: May 11 2010, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Level 4
Group Icon
Group: Member
Member No.: 39

Okay, thanks Leafy. I guess Aviv will join the battle... after he frees himself that is.
PMEmail Poster
^
Sky
 Posted: May 11 2010, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

"...so I'll be out of pitch sometimes."
Group Icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

Keet's going to be utterly useless, I can already tell. <<; He's never killed anybody, and being the hippie kid he is, hurting is the last thing he wants to do.

I'mma go make an axe-user 'cos we seem to be horribly lacking in normal melee units.
PMUsers Website
^
JamietheAuraUser
 Posted: May 11 2010, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

THAT WAS PATHETIC!
Group Icon
Group: Knight
Member No.: 66

Yeah, must agree...a 13 year old kid shouldn't already be taking on a bunch of men just like that.

He's known for having mad speed. His stats are like those of a Thief, only he's got magic.

...Think level 3 Colm with a Rank D in Anima and an area of effect spell capable of striking up to 5 targets if they're packed close together.

Also, remember that magic is a balancing factor. Any human at almost any age can learn magic, and if they can get sufficiently good at magic, can take on men in heavy armour many times their size and strength.

And those were basic soldiers and 1 archer. You know what their stats are like in FE8, right? Things like 0 res, 1 skill, 1 strength, 0-2 def, the archers have about 14-18 HP (explaining why Alirin was able to take one down with 2 Fire spells. He had double the guy's speed stat, the guy had low Res and low HP), etc. You could practically run Colm into the middle of a ton of soldiers and watch him come out alive.

And yeah, my knowledge of weapons isn't great, but a bow pulled back all the way WILL make an odd creaking sort of noise due to the wood.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: May 11 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

QUOTE (JamietheAuraUser @ May 11 2010, 02:19 PM)
Yeah, must agree...a 13 year old kid shouldn't already be taking on a bunch of men just like that.

He's known for having mad speed. His stats are like those of a Thief, only he's got magic.

...Think level 3 Colm with a Rank D in Anima and an area of effect spell capable of striking up to 5 targets if they're packed close together.

Also, remember that magic is a balancing factor. Any human at almost any age can learn magic, and if they can get sufficiently good at magic, can take on men in heavy armour many times their size and strength.

And those were basic soldiers and 1 archer. You know what their stats are like in FE8, right? Things like 0 res, 1 skill, 1 strength, 0-2 def, the archers have about 14-18 HP (explaining why Alirin was able to take one down with 2 Fire spells. He had double the guy's speed stat, the guy had low Res and low HP), etc. You could practically run Colm into the middle of a ton of soldiers and watch him come out alive.

And yeah, my knowledge of weapons isn't great, but a bow pulled back all the way WILL make an odd creaking sort of noise due to the wood.

Okay, let me put it to you this way. You have promise as a roleplayer, but you're going to have to learn how to tone down the near-death situations a little.

Colm does NOT dodge every spear, magic attack, arrow and sword thrown his way, and even if he did, this isn't FE8. We're trying to make this a little more closer to RL than what you have.

And I don't care how fast you are. Even Sonic gets hit by unexpected enemy attacks.
^
Sky
 Posted: May 11 2010, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

"...so I'll be out of pitch sometimes."
Group Icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

'kay, so first off, the thing to know is that RPs are based on reality more than stats. Statistical RPs require buttloads of unnecessary calculations that we, as amateurs, can't be bothered with at the moment. So don't worry about it.

General Rule of Thumb: The more realistic it is, the better.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to bend a bow back all the way? Normal bows have a 40-60 lb draw. It's completely unnecessary to draw it back that far when the fool is only a few feet in front of you.
PMUsers Website
^
JamietheAuraUser
 Posted: May 11 2010, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

THAT WAS PATHETIC!
Group Icon

Hey, at least he's not as bad as Rathe was! XD (Though that's not much of a comparison... Rathe broke physics in so many ways!)

Yeah, I should tone down the near-death situations.

But everyone has to make an epic entrance, right? http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/laugh.gif

And point taken.

BTW, whose turn is it now?

Edit: General Army, it's your turn I believe.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: May 11 2010, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

@Aviv: Errrrr sorry I forgot to mention that the only people in that fort are the Triannion soldiers. There's no villagers in there.
^
Arshavin
 Posted: May 11 2010, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Level 20
Group Icon
Member No.: 12

I'm in. Generic sword/axe/lance/pineapple wielding man called Seraph go!

Yes, I know a profile etc... first I must read the accursed backstory...
PM
^
Aviv
 Posted: May 11 2010, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Level 4
Group Icon
Group: Member
Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Blue Leafeon @ May 11 2010, 01:34 PM)
@Aviv: Errrrr sorry I forgot to mention that the only people in that fort are the Triannion soldiers. There's no villagers in there.

Editted the post to fix that error.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jonahman10
 Posted: Feb 25 2011, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Level 1
Group Icon
Group: Newbie
Member No.: 102

So am I free to join this with Helgi, or are we going to start something new after the lack of activity?
PM
^
JamietheAuraUser
 Posted: Feb 27 2011, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

THAT WAS PATHETIC!
Group Icon

We're probably going to have to restart chapter 2 in any case, so I think I'll go change my character.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Pet Actorz Cattery FEShrine FEND