Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Harvest Moon Games, Discuss Here
 Posted: Dec 6 2009, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon
Group: Pokemon Master
Member No.: 1

For those who don't know, Harvest Moon is a farming/ranching simulation game with the extra perk of being able to get married and have children. The most recently released are Animal Parade (Wii) and Sunshine Islands. (DS)

My current husband-to-be: (Tree of Tranquility, by the way. I don't get Animal Parade until Christmas.)
Toby.
QUOTE (Aeorys)
He's practically Lunarian!

Maybe that's why I suddenly came to like him. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/sweat.gif His personality is a lot like Kedar's, only take out the bad jokes and switch archery to fishing.

He's at 8 hearts and I'm only in early Autumn of the first year. I already have the blue feather, but his '6 Hearts' event requires catching a Rock Lobster, which I couldn't obtain until Autumn because I had to get a bunch of autumn-only items to get there. (And Rock Lobster is an Autumn fish, I think.)

Unfortunately, I need a higher-rank fishing pole, I think...

Oh yeah, and I used New Game+ from my old file, which meant no poverty, LOL.

<< Discuss Harvest Moon Here >>
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Kooper
 Posted: Dec 6 2009, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Squa! Who ya callin' birdbrain?
Group Icon
Group: General
Member No.: 8

Wait, what's the new game+ again?

My favorite Harvest Moon game would have to be Magical Melody. I loved it's easy to follow heart system. I also liked A Wonderful life and I remember marrying Celia. I liked her down to earth personality.
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
^
 Posted: Dec 6 2009, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

QUOTE (Oblivion Knight @ December 06, 2009 10:09 pm)
Wait, what's the new game+ again?

My favorite Harvest Moon game would have to be Magical Melody. I loved it's easy to follow heart system. I also liked A Wonderful life and I remember marrying Celia. I liked her down to earth personality.

New Game+ is an option to restart the game "as your child." You get to keep the money you have on hand PLUS the game gives you 10,000 more gold as you restart. I had like, 150,000 gold. >_<

Harvest Moon is very uncreative; they usually just reuse characters over and over again.

Celia? Err...I don't see her UnT. Are you sure you got her name right?

I'm just dawdling on Tree of Tranquility though. I've seen Toby's children on youtube. I don't want children who T_T all the time...
^
Kooper
 Posted: Dec 6 2009, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

UnT? Celica--> http://harvestmoon.neoseeker.com/w/i/harve.../Celia-Full.png

Harvest Moon recycles characters too often, I agree.
The GBA games were too confusing with the heart levels. So many different colors of hearts and it's really difficult to increase them.>_< I liked Karen in Mineral Town though.
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
^
 Posted: Dec 6 2009, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

What's so hard about it? You shower them with their favorite gift every day. Do as I did and get some FAQs or something. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/tongue.gif (Or go to Ushi No Tane)

Mineral Town had some UGLY sprites though. Heck, I ended up marrying Gray cuz he was the best lookin' guy of the bunch. Kai was only around in the summer, Cliff looked more like a lion than a man (plus, he's so depressed.) and Rick? FE pirates are better looking than him. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/static.gif
^
Sky
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

"...so I'll be out of pitch sometimes."
Group Icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

LOL Kai ooked best of the Mineral Town guys and was hardest to get, but Gray wasn't half bad, either. XD

I've played a little of most of the earlier Harvest Moon games, as well as Rune Factory for DS. Gotta say, I get bored of sim games kind of quickly. They take ages, and there's no real story behind it all. It's good for wasting time, but I don't have that kind of regulation and dedication to keep up with it (like Animal Crossing and Sims; why else is everything in shambles, with everyone angry at me? D8).

I might try the next installment for a few, but it's not really my game.
PMUsers Website
^
Nayr
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

White Arrow of Justice
Group Icon
Group: Member
Member No.: 42

Been a fan of Harvest Moon for a few years now.

I have

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Special Edition, Favorite was Celia
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town, Favorite was Popouri.
Harvest Moon DS (Traded), Favorite was Muffy
Harvest Moon Magical Melody GC version (Traded), Favorite was Lyla
Harvest Moon DS Island of Happiness (Traded), Never got married
Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, Haven't got married
Rune Factory (Traded), Favorite was Tabitha
Rune Factory 2, Favorite was Alicia
Rune Factory Frontier, Haven't got married

PM
^
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

^ Whoa.

I've played More Friends of Mineral Town via emulation. Married Grey, had a daughter and got her up to the toddler stage.

I played HMDS Cute on emulator for a short while, then decided I liked it and actually bought the game. I married Kai and our daughter was the brown-haired, brown-eyed girl. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/smile.gif I never got past the toddler stage with her though.

I played Tree of Tranquility, beat the storyline, married Owen, had a daughter and got her all the way to the child stage. Then I restarted the game with New Game+ and am now attempting to marry Toby.

...Unfortunately, it took me until Autumn to get the rainbows completed, and his last heart event requires me to catch a Rock Lobster.

...Which can only be caught in Spring or Winter. >_<
^
Arshavin
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Level 20
Group Icon
Group: Knight
Member No.: 12

Meh, Harvest Moon is a great album, Neil Young really poured his heart and soul into all the songs on the album....

Oh right, this is about the video game series, whoops

Yeah, Harvest moon is alright, I'm not really into just farming and trading with no real end goal, I preferred rune factory, as it had both.

The sort of "enemy" farmer Jamie in one of the games creeped me out... as he/she was androgynous and so you could marry him/her no matter what sex you were playing as.

Good games but they're starting to repeat themselves...
PM
^
Nayr
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

White Arrow of Justice
Group Icon
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (BlueLeafeon @ December 07, 2009 01:25 pm)
^ Whoa.

I've played More Friends of Mineral Town via emulation. Married Grey, had a daughter and got her up to the toddler stage.

I played HMDS Cute  on emulator for a short while, then decided I liked it and actually bought the game. I married Kai and our daughter was the brown-haired, brown-eyed girl. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/smile.gif I never got past the toddler stage with her though.

I played Tree of Tranquility, beat the storyline, married Owen, had a daughter and got her all the way to the child stage. Then I restarted the game with New Game+ and am now attempting to marry Toby.

...Unfortunately, it took me until Autumn to get the rainbows completed, and his last heart event requires me to catch a Rock Lobster.

...Which can only be caught in Spring or Winter. >_<

If you need an out of season item for an event just use a cheat to get it. One good thing about Harvest Moon is its hackability. I got my start in cheat hacking with the Harvest Moon games.

Also the games should have had a gender choice option in all of them. Female users are usually either forced to wait for a second version of the game, or play as a boy character.

Plus the second versions usually have new stuff added and thats not fair. like in HMDS Cute you can marry Mineral Town characters without the game ending. In the original its Game Over if you marry a Mineral Town girl. We pay just as much cash for HMDS as the girls do for HMDS Cute and look what we get, a Game Over if we marry Popouri, Ann, Mary, or Elli. And not to mention V1.0 of HMDS is full of bugs and glitches. When HMDS Cute was released they should have made an updated HMDS boy's version with the mineral town problem fixed and given us a free trade in of our old copy for the new one.

@Vaati: Its a farm themed life simulation game. Of course it had no real end goal. Its like real life. You life. And in A Wonderful Life you actually die in the end(But in the Special Edition you unlock free play and get to keep running your farm in Heaven.).

And of course they repeat themselves. Life may differ from person to person, but not that much.

And Rune Factory is awesome, but its not much more than an attempt to mix an rpg style into a Harvest Moon game with a more Medieval setting. Sad its PSP/PS2 twin Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon didn't take off. But without marriage HM games just suck. Moral of that, never make the hero of HM a robot, unless he's the kind of robot who can marry and procreate.
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 7 2009, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

Sad its PSP/PS2 twin Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon didn't take off. But without marriage HM games just suck. Moral of that, never make the hero of HM a robot, unless he's the kind of robot who can marry and procreate.

Yeah. Getting married and having kids is half of the purpose of the game.
^
Dathiason Kx
 Posted: Dec 13 2009, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

That Crazy Leaf Fan-Boy. :D
Group Icon
Group: PKMN Trainer
Member No.: 9

I've only ever played A Wonderful Life. I married Naomi every time. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Mikki
 Posted: Dec 13 2009, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Ampharos
Group Icon
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Dathiason Kx @ December 13, 2009 08:39 am)
I've only ever played A Wonderful Life. I married Naomi every time. http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/TheLeafeonFan/Emoticons/smile.gif

You mean Nami. o.o

Anywho, I've played a whole lot of Harvest Moon games over the years...

Top three favorites are:

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Harvest Moon: DS Cute
Harvest Moon DS
PM
^
Kooper
 Posted: Dec 14 2009, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Dathiason Kx @ December 13, 2009 08:39 am)

Finally someone that played that game.
What was so important about the grey shed on the ranch? It's been bugging me for awhile.
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
^
 Posted: Dec 28 2009, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

Okay, so I have Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.

A few things I have to mention:
1: THE WITCH HAS THE WORST FASHION SENSE EVER.
2: The wizard is uglier in game than his OA
3: COWS DO NOT HAVE MUZZLES AS WIDE AS THEIR HEADS, PEOPLE. dry.gif
4: ask me who I'm marrying.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Pet Actorz Cattery FEShrine FEND