Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Chapter 2: Fort Victor
Rathe
 Posted: Jan 15 2010, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Banished to Troll Land
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5

[[Capital of Triannos, Meeting Room, Midday.]]

Rathe was finally relieved that the meeting was over. It had bored him out of his mind. He was about to walk out when King Eric stopped him and asked him to wait. "Rathe," he began, "Prince Ryan and General Fremont will be joining you on this mission."

Rathe wasn't too happy about this. "Are you sure it's a good idea to send the prince with us?" he asked. King Eric smiled and said, "It's the best unit for his safety. Also, did you hear that the Master's Exams are taking plan in Prylyn, south of here? They enable you to have and teach an apprentice." Rathe was so happy to hear this. He would finally be able to train new mages properly. It wouldn't be the same way that the Arania family did it, but it would be the most complete education possible.

"Thanks. I'll be there. I shall leave the unit for a bit when we come to the road and rejoin them later for the mission." Rathe turned around and left for the training fields, where he would join up with the rest of the unit.

He ran through his upcoming schedule in his mind. It wasn't long before he realized that he had a tome due to be delivered to the mage trainer tomorrow. He had the spell ready, but he needed to put it in the tome. I'm going to have to do it during this mission...
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 15 2010, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon
Group: Pokemon Master
Member No.: 1

~From the Eyes of a Child~

Now fully prepped for the long journey and battles ahead, Prince Ryan and his best friend Clark walked into the field area where the soldiers were gathering and making the final preparations of their journey. The ally soldiers and knights nodded formally at their prince, but many skeptical heads were turned towards the weak purple-haired man.

Clark adjusted his glasses and nervously handled his staff; he was used to being locked away in the depths of the royal library, far from the scornful eyes of Triannos' military.

"What's he doing here?" General Fremont remarked, unafraid of letting his bitter feelings show in front of the prince. "Don't tell me he's coming too! We don't need that frail, underweight--"
"SILENCE!" Prince Ryan snapped, his sudden burst of anger startling everyone in the area. "Clark is my friend and he's very knowledgable. I won't let anyone speak of him like that!"
"But-" Fremont tried to protest.
"We're going to need a healer, right?" Prince Ryan asked, crossing his arms. He silently dared Fremont to disagree.
"...Yes, sire." the general replied, lowering his head. He quickly left to finish his preparations.

"...P-Prince Ryan...are you sure you want me to come? I'm not going to be any help." Clark said, shamefully.
"You're going to be help enough." Prince Ryan said, confidently.

-----------------------------------------
~From the eyes of a Soldier~

Clarence sighed as he stood in the shade of a large tree. The meeting with King Luther had not gone well. The king was skeptical of the two Lunarians' stories, as well as their intentions. "If you want me to trust you as allies," he had said, "Ally yourself with Triannos, and fight in their battles. Only when I hear good reports about you, will I discuss anything more."

Suddenly, Clarence realized that he couldn't hear the voice of his military partner. He began to scan the field for his blue-haired friend, and nearly panicked until he finally spotted him.

But his relief didn't last half a second before he realized that Kedar was goofily talking to a dull blue-haired man, whose armor gave off a sense of authority. Clarence groaned, then reluctantly left the coolness of the shade and hurried to his military partner's side.

"I AM the leader of this unit, fool!" the man snapped. "I'm the general! The commander! Just because the prince is coming along DOESN'T mean he's going to issue the orders!"
"Kedar! What are you doing?" Clarence remarked, grabbing the archer and pulling him back. "Don't anger him! We're part of this unit!" he then turned to the general. "I apologize on his behalf. We'll leave you alone now."

Once back under the large tree, Clarence turned to his military partner. "Are you INSANE? Never, EVER talk to the military leaders again! Do you understand me?" Kedar's unfocused, smiling expression made it seem like he hadn't heard a single word. Clarence sighed to release some of his anger. Sometimes it felt like Kedar was a lost cause.

After a minute or so, a loud, angry shout caught the two Lunarians' attention. It was Prince Ryan, who was boldy standing up to the dull blue-haired general. Though Kedar and Clarence were too far away to hear what the child was saying, it was obvious that he was arguing with the man twice his size.

"Looks like I am not the only one getting chewed out!" Kedar laughed. Clarence scowled at Kedar, but he said nothing. More soldiers were arriving in the area. It probably wouldn't be long before they began their traveling.

-------------------------------------
...From the Eyes of a Prisoner...

A woman with brown hair and green eyes sighed hopelessly as she glanced around at the cells surrounding her. What few remained of her once formidable army now sat battered in their cells, their wounds untreated. Even the green-armored military leader was badly wounded, her right arm paralyzed in pain. As she glanced through the bars of the cells, she saw that her soldiers felt just as hopeless as she did...

"General Millicent." the knight in the next cell spoke up. "You fought well. There was nothing more you could do. His Majesty will send help shortly."
Millicent glanced at her soldier. "...Of course." she stated, trying to sound hopeful.

The battle in the field had been fierce, like no other battle Millicent had ever fought before. The Evoidians were far too strong, and in the end, Millicent and a few of her bravest knights were captured, dragged to Fort Victor--A Triannos fort!--and thrown into prison cells. The Evoidians didn't even bother to give their prisoners meals. A few brave commoners brought them their meals every other day.

Only one person in that prison hadn't given up hope. It figured that it was a male youth with blue hair, whose stern, thoughtful expressions gave away his plotting...but what could an unarmed boy do?

This post has been edited by Blue Leafeon: May 13 2010, 08:15 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
 Posted: Jan 15 2010, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

I want your booty!
Group Icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14

-----Tree Whisper-----

From the walkway, her eyes were looking back and forth. She was thinking to herself. Hmm...this man's moustache is not flattering. This guy needs to lose a few pounds. Really? This one is shorter than me! With each step, her hips swayed back and forth with an alluring ensnarement that grabbed the attention of many of the men in the area. You could hear the mumbles from many of the guys. "Look at her." "Who is she?" "Wow...I'm glad she's on our team." "Check her out." She noticed the man who had contacted her the night before. "Ah," she said to herself, "There you are."

She made her way over to the general. She stopped right infront of him, standing with more weight on her right leg and bending her left leg in a flirty pose. "So," she said, "You have the money? 20,000 gold?" General Fremont responded, "20,000 gold?!? No. You said 10,000 gold!" "No, no, no, no, no. You are confused," Yasmine replied, "You told me you needed someone that can pick locks and sneak around? Am I correct?" General Fremont nodded. "Weeeeeell, I'm guessing there will be conflict. In a skirmish, I may lose my life. The 10,000 is just for my services. The extra 10,000 is for the chance of me dying. A compensation fee for my family is how you can think about it." "I don't have time to discuss payment with you, weasel!" The General was not amused. "Fine then," Yasmine countered, "I can just leave just as easily as I made my way here. I bid you farewell." She turned around and started away as the man had called, "Wait. How about this? I'll pay you 5,000 now and the rest of the 20,000 after the mission." She turned to see the General holding out a small bag filled with gold coins. "That works. Even more motivation to stay alive. Pleasure doing business with you, General." She winked at him, turned around, and walked way with the bag on her belt. "What a filth, that woman," the General mumbled, "Her looks won't get her way forever."

She found a small stump in the field and sat down on it. She crossed her legs and looked around. I wonder which one is the cutest... She noticed in the corner of her eye a soldier staring at her and slowly moving towards her. She analyzed him quickly, deemed him unworthy, and with a sweeping hand gesture brushed him away. "You wish. Now get."

-----The Prodigy----

She looked at the small bag of gold in her hand with a bored expression. She wondered if it was really worth it. Leah sat off to the side by herself away from the loud soldiers. She began to watch them, thinking to herself. Look at them. They seem as if they don't have a care in the world. Do they not know that we are about to head off to battle? The soldiers were laughing and telling jokes. Others were crowding around a woman sitting on a stump. She was brushing them away with arm gestures but the men did not retreat. One grabbed her hair and she turned around and planted her palm on his face. Maybe it is good to not focus on the pain and suffering all the time. Maybe it's healthy for the mind. She let on a subtle smile.

Just then, a man with red robes and white hair appeared. As he walked, the crimson cloth flowed behind him. He came up to a woman in a green cloak. He held her, then followed with a short kiss. Leah believed that they were lovers. This was the man that had paid her to join up with this group; she recognized him quickly. With her eyes fixed on him, he turned and faced the rabble bunch. The general, Fremont, yelled out, "Attention, soldiers!" The group quieted. "I guess we are going to be briefed now," Leah said to herself quietly.
PM
^
General Army
 Posted: Jan 16 2010, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

"Blast!"
Group Icon
Group: Knight
Member No.: 29

Enigmatic Captive

A slender built young man with thorny blue hair erupting from his headband leant against the bars, he fiddled a needle between his fingers. He seemed at a healthy physical state, because he just knew when to surrender. He had eaten every scrap of rations that the commoners came with, that's when he'd smile everytime.

He regreted to spy on the clash earlier, at the time he wished that he could do something for these knights. Oscar examined their facial expressions of hopelessness, he merely clucked his tongue as he shook his head in pity. He would envision the battle, and it kept replaying over and over in his visual contemplations. As many archers surrounded him, causing his belt of knives to hit the ground by his hand.

“Ugh...” he turned his head on the right side of his cell occupied by a dying soldier, groaning in pain, and sighed. Oscar moved near, and it seemed that he’s just watching callously with a lifeless expression. He crouched near the knight, and watched him suffer--remorse occured within Oscar, but had trouble presenting it. He had not said a single word to the other knights yet. His mind fired a few words in him.

Slam it out. Life was not this cell. Go away from here. Think of something beautiful. His sister had always told him when it comes to bearing the unbearable. But this situation was not truly unbearable. The unbearable would be to give in. So he wouldn’t think of anything beautiful. He didn’t want to bring anything he valued into this filthy cell. He softly grunted as he kicked a rat away at great swiftness.

I'm going to massacre the heck out of these Evoidian soldiers. He thought, and dreamed. But he knows that they're strong, but still wanted to bash their heads. He now thinks of avenging these soldiers for this, his confidence is seemingly high. His plot was already well planned at cautious measurements, as they took him in, he carefully observed the fort's environments and design. His assumptions for an escape route boiled. Waiting for the right time, because there always was a guard standing near the door in the prisoner's section of the fort.

He gazed at the woman with armor near his cell, on the left side of him, he wanted to say something to her when the captured soldiers referred to her as 'general', but did not want to look suspicious from the eyes of the Evoidian guard.

Oscar decides to exercise his body and mind in the cell, until the right time came...

[[Am I doing it right?]]
PM
^
Rathe
 Posted: Jan 16 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Banished to Troll Land

>>>Blood Mage<<<

By the looks of the money being passed to the new arrivals, these were the mercenaries they had hired. The pink haired mage had gone and waited just inside the forest. The same with the greedy girl. They seemed to be scoping everyone out.

Rathe put his arm around Nichole and kissed her. He didn't care who was watching. In a low voice, he told her about the Master's Exams and his plans. "Do you even know what the contest consists of?" Rathe shoot his head. "No. Nobody does except for the examiners. It's supposedly simple though." He paused. "Just think. We're going to be training the next generation of mages..." Nichole smiled. "Yeah..."

"Attention Soldiers!" Everyone immediately turned towards the general. Nichole felt Rathe break their embrace and walk slowly towards the general. Everyone else was already gathered in front of General Fremont and Prince Ryan. "Listen up..." Fremont began, but Rathe stepped forward next to him and interrupted him. "With all due respect general, you may be formally in charge of the unit, but unoffically they follow me." The general was a bit shocked at being talked to as an equal by a lower rank.

Rathe performed the briefing for him. "We will be assaulting Fort Victor. The mission is to rescue General Millicent's troops and drive the Evoidians from the fort. I will be joining you late in the mission due to other business that King Eric has advised me to undertake. Like most of our mission, failure will not be acceptable. This will be 'do or die'..."
PM
^
General Army
 Posted: Jan 20 2010, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

"Blast!"
Group Icon
Group: Knight
Member No.: 29

"Sir!" Came into Oscar's ears, he was lying down with his hands behind his head comfortably, his face lit up as the silence broke. He got up to his legs and neared the iron railed door, with the pin in his hand. He looked like he was listening closely. The two Evoidian guards spoke to one another. "What is it now?" The older soldier asked in an agitated tone, Oscar assumed that they're not that much of a threat after examining their built. He quickly puts his hand around the bars’ lock, while the soldiers were distracted by each other.... c’mon... where is that...

"The commander would like to have a word with you. We're to switch po-" interruption happened, they quickly turned to Oscar's cell, because of the creaking bar door. Blasted rusty door... Oscar's mind kinda flipped, then realized he's finally out of his cell.

The young man, with blue hair, had escaped his cell, with somewhat of a smile. "Hi."

"Hey go back to your cell!!" They both charged at Oscar with their spears forward, when they got too close, he slammed the celldoor into their heads as he hurriedly lunged to the side. One soldier was knocked out, the younger and weaker one, it was a good bash to the skull. Oscar picked up the lance, and smacked the remaining lightheaded soldier's cranium enough to knock him out as well. A horizontal swing.

The soldiers in the cell were astonished by the doings of Oscar, it was really unexpected. The blue haired male searched the soldier's belts and found ringed keys. Millicent's men were begging Oscar to set them free.

"Hey! Let me out too! Please!"
"My injuries aren't that bad! Come on, lemme out!"

Heard Oscar, he crooked to the cell, found a man with yellow hair and green armor. "Shh... I'll let you out, no need to worry." Oscar presented a warmth smile, and unlocked the Chase's door. He flicked up the key, for Chase to catch it. "But find your own way out, and good luck." Oscar ran out the door. Left the lance beside Chase's cell.

"Hey, you!" A man with a sword called Oscar in the hallways, he sighed, putting his hands up in the air. "Don't you move." "That's a nice sword." Said Oscar, still having his hands up. "Die!" the security assumed that he's thieving the fort's treasury. He swung the sword, barely slashed Oscar's naked arm, and he wobbled back. He retaliated by springing forward, lifting his leg up and booted him in the face. Causing the swordsman to flip backwards. "In your face." Oscar said, chuckled a bit, laughing until the armed swordsman tried getting back up to his legs. "Oh no you don't." Oscar pressed his leg onto his hands, twisted his foot, and disarmed him.

He retrieved the sword, and lays it across his throat. "Don't kill me." "A little while ago, you said 'die'?" Oscar counteracted, he cluck his tongue and shook his head in shame for him. Being sarcastic. He just kicked him in the temple as hard as he could, the guard fainted, and desperately looked for a place to hide the body. Oscar took off the rag from the guard around his neck, and tied it around his wound. He subsequently dragged the unconscious man around the hallways as quietly as he could, and found a door, he picked it open.

Oscar searched around the room, he gapped his mouth open, there were two chests. "Sweet, finally some earnings." He said a little too brightly, he dragged the guard under a table. He picked the chests' lock with the pin, and found a variety of gold, silver, and bronze coins. He poked his chin, "Mmm..." he bagged up the golden coins, and continued to search for a way out. He remembered that there was a hole in the building. He found it, after a couple of quick sprints here and there around the hallways.

There were masculine voices; talking about wine, it was getting louder and louder in the halls. "Damn, more coming?" Oscar whispered, and decided to jump out the opening in the wall, that was used for look-out. The height! Oh mann! Oscar couldn't breathe when he realized he's so high. Descending down to the ground, he slowed himself when he tried gripping onto one of the branches of the big tree. He caught the branch, and swung towards the tree really quick. He puts his legs forward with his eyes closed, and halted before he could smash his face to the tree.

Oscar sighed in relief, but to his shock, the branch broke, and he fell down to the ground hard. With the sword falling down to the ground as well, sticking beside Oscar's head. He felt so dizzy, and wanted to sleep. Blackness tried clouding in. He kept brushing it away, and shook his head. Having his alertness intact. He grabbed the sword, it was an iron sword. Got onto his legs with trouble but managed, and wondered how the soldiers in the cell are doing. He doubted them.

"I'll be back, fellas... I know where this is." He said to himself, looking at the fort, with a sword gripping into his hands.. he motioned towards the northern plains, avoiding any black armored soldiers with his good sight.
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 20 2010, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

...The pure-hearted child...

Prince Ryan followed closely behind General Fremont as they traveled south. They had been traveling for two whole days, and though the young prince was fit, his feet and legs ached under the weight of the armor his father had gifted him with.

Prince Ryan glanced back at the army that he had brought with him; many soldiers, knights, a few mercenaries, a couple of Lunarian men who joined only because they felt it was right, and of course, Clark, whom the young prince had begged to come. Many of the soldiers seemed unfazed by the long journey, but Clark was lagging behind, and one of the Lunarians seemed ready to collapse.

The red-haired prince turned to General Fremont and was about to suggest that they take a rest when he noticed the field ahead of them was littered with something, and the air was choked with an awful scent. "What's that?" Prince Ryan asked, turning to the general.
"...The remains of a skirmish." the cloud-haired man replied. "A battle was waged here..."

As the troop arrived in the field, Ryan noticed that most of the dead soldiers lying about wore Triannion crests. Many of the bodies had been rotting, creating a horrible smell that was almost sickening.

"...Looks like we lost this battle, sir." a knight said, walking up to the mounted general. "It was way too one-sided."
General Fremont made no response as he scanned the field, his eyes showing worry, but his expressions blank.
"What are your orders, sir?" the knight asked.
"You five" Fremont remarked, pointing to five soldiers. "Take count of all of the Triannion bodies. I want to know how many we lost. Let me know if you find General Millicent anywhere."
"But sir!" one of the five replied. "How will we know if it's her? These bodies have been decaying for days, maybe weeks!"
"By her armor, idiot!" the purple-armored general snapped. "She has very ornate gold trim on her green armor!"
"Yes sir!" the five soldiers began to perform their job.

Prince Ryan watched as General Fremont called the names of ten people. "Check around the area to the west of the battlefield! Look around for any clues or paths that the Evoidians might have taken from here." he commanded, motioning with his hands to what he thought was the west.
"Yes sir!" the soldiers replied, heading west.
General Fremont called the names of ten more soldiers. "Check the eastern side of the battlefield for clues or paths!" he ordered.
"Yessir!" the soldiers replied, before hurrying off.

Prince Ryan looked around at the remaining knights. The two Lunarians, a pink-haired mage, a brown-haired thief, Clark and a few other soldiers remained. The yellow-haired Lunarian seemed as if he were suffering from an unseen poison; his face was red and he was leaning heavily on his odd-looking spear, his expressions betraying his suffering. The blue-haired Lunarian was looking about with a smile on his face, and the thief seemed to be eyeing the men around her.

"As for the rest of you," General Fremont remarked, turning to the remaining troops. "Investigate the area. I want to know if you find anything that may be a clue to whether or not there were any captives."

...The valiant prisoner...
"Shh... I'll let you out, no need to worry." the blue-haired thief replied, unlocking the door to Chase's cell. He then handed him the key and added, "But find your own way out, and good luck."

Looking around at the other cells, the white-and-yellow-haired man realized that the rest of his allies were incapable of much action. Even the knight who had been in the thief's cell--which was now wide open--seemed incapable of getting up, his eyes glazed as if he were near death, or was dead. His moving chest was the only sign of life.

Chase turned to the woman in the next cell. Millicent's arm had been badly injured in the battle, and though the commoners who had brought them food had wrapped the massive wound up, the brown-haired general seemed to be losing more and more of her strength by the day. Chase had hoped that she was losing hope, not health.

But now Chase saw the truth. It wasn't her mental strength that was fleeting. "...Save yourself, Chase." Millicent said, her voice drowned in sorrow. "Return to the castle and inform them of the loss. Tell His Majesty that I'm sorry." she added, lowering her head.

"...You talk like a cowardly soldier!" Chase snapped, stepping towards the female general's cell. "Where's your honor? Where's your courage? Didn't His Majesty make you general because of your hard-working dedication and stubborn fearlessness? When he made you general, he took a massive risk; you know that yourself! He knew good and well that an uproar would result because he promoted a woman, and he did it anyway. Is this what he promoted you for? To give up when there's a chance of escape?!"

Chase's words seemed to have struck Millicent's heart like a spear in unarmored flesh. The knight stared in shock as tears began to well up in the general's green eyes, then slide down her cheeks in a single-file line. "I know, Chase..." she replied, her voice drowned in despair. "But there's nothing I can do in this condition. I can't move my sword arm, and I'm hardly able to stand up anymore. I'd only hinder you." she said, wiping the tears from her eyes with her left hand.

Shocked and disturbed, Chase only stared at Millicent for a moment. In all of the time he had been loyal to her, he had never seen her cry. And it was his words who had caused those tears. Chase swallowed hard in attempt to rid of his guilt. "...I'll be back, General Millicent." he said to his beloved general. "I promise I will." he then turned and raced out of the prison

"...Good luck, Chase." Millicent replied, though he had already left. The woman leaned her body on the cement wall of the cell, then slowly slid downward until she was sitting.

[[ lol Just for the record, Chase doesn't love her romantically. He looks up to her more than anything.

ALSO: # of dead Triannions: 30 ]]

This post has been edited by Shadow Leafeon: Jan 20 2010, 07:10 PM
^
 Posted: Jan 20 2010, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

I want your booty!
Group Icon

-+-Innocence-+-

Odor. That was all she could focus on; keeping the pungent stench of rotting corpses and smoke and blood out of her system. It was almost as if she could smell the pain and hate. Leah grabbed her stomach with her free hand that wasn't pressing cloth from her scarf to her suffering nose. She felt woozy. This made her wonder if she was really meant to be there, or be a mercenary at all for that matter. Did she really have the strength to stomach it?

This was her first major mercenary mission. The other contracts she had were small odd jobs like escorting children to a relatives estate or protecting a house while the owners were away. She rarely had to fight, and the only times she came close, she used her magic to intimidate. In this mission, though, she knew that she would be required to fight. It was to be inevitable. The job was a good sum of gold, and her mother needed the money. The things she would do in the name of love for her mother, and her mentor as a matter of fact.

"As for the rest of you, investigate the area. I want to know if you find anything that may be a clue to whether or not there were any captives."

Leah was brought back to senses by a tap on the shoulder. "Umm...miss. Hi. We were given orders and I was wondering if you want to scout with me?" It was one of the soldiers. He wore armor just like the other common soldiers. His face was plain and he was young. "Umm...sure."

-+-Mischief-+-

The general gave his orders. "Alright. Alright," Yasmine said to herself. Some soldiers had practically run up to her and begged her to be in their scout group. "Please? Please? Come scout with me!" She replied with a firm hand in the air. "Talk to the hand. I've got better things to do than to scout with you." She walked away alone, leaving them behind and confused.

Many bodies infested the unwanting ground. Arrows everywhere. Two horses were mangled a little off from her. One on it's side and the other on it's back against a large rock. They were a couple feet away from each other. Yasmine walked up to the lifeless animals. "Hm. How sad. They didn't have a choice to be in the fight...and they lost their lives." The one on its back had some of the skin on the face ripped off, holes in the neck, arrows on various places of the body. The one on it's side had it's stomach gashed open with it's organs out. "Hmm...probably a dog attack or vultures." The body smelled like smoke and the body was burnt. "Mages. I guess they missed the rider?" She shook her head in dissappointment.

[[Yasmine has a serious side. Yay for complexity!]]
PM
^
Mach131
 Posted: Jan 20 2010, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Group: Guests
Member No.: N/A

The general had ordered the soldiers to investigate, but all Mach could see were bodies everywhere. However, he thought, it won't help just standing there. so cautiously, he started looking for any singns of the enemy. While he was a little scared, his sword was enough to calm him slightly.
^
 Posted: Jan 21 2010, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

[[ This post starts the night before the troops arrive at the post-battle site, but still happens after Oscar set Chase free. ]]

...The Escapee Prisoner...

A white-and-yellow-haired knight crept through the darkened hallways of the fort. It was hard to keep his green armor from making noise as he walked. Suddenly, the sounds of footsteps ahead of him alerted Chase that he had company. He was unarmed, so his first instinct was to hide. He ran into a nearby room and hid behind the half-opened door, peering through the crack to see the person coming his way.

It was a common Evoidian soldier, and he was using his spear like a walking stick as he passed by. 'Perfect.' Chase thought. He waited until the soldier had passed by, before rushing out of the room and snatching the spear from the unknowing soldier. The Evoidian spun around, only to have a spear run between his armor, inflicting a fatal injury. Now armed with his best weapon, Chase spun around and picked up his pace. If he ran into anybody now, he'd simply confront them.

'Somewhere around here...' Chase thought as he traveled the halls. 'is a secret exit. Now, where WAS it?' he strained his memories in attempt to remember where the exit was. He had been in this fort a few times and knew where it was, but after getting struck in the head during the war, his memory was messed up; as was his sense of direction. How was he going to save his comrades if he couldn't remember how to get out?

CRICK Chase startled as the floor beneath his right foot made a horrible sound; loud enough to echo through the halls and alert any soldiers of his presense. He could hear echoy voices ahead of him, "What the heck was THAT?" Chase's heart began to race as his mind briefly panicked, but suddenly, it all came back to him. 'That's it! The floor!' Chase stepped back and removed a brick from the wall near to the floor, revealing a latch for a secret exit. He quickly opened it and jumped down into the darkness within, closing the latch behind him.

Chase put his hands on the wall and began to walk blindly through the darkness as quickly as he could. If the Evoidian knights found the latch, they'd definitely find him. He was NOT about to get caught and end up in that nasty old cell again!

At long last, he saw a little bit of light from the roof above him. Chase hoped with all of his heart that no Evoidians would be nearby as he pushed the roof upwards. It took a lot of strength, but finally, whatever was holding the roof shut ripped, and the panel flipped open, revealing a crisp pink sky. Chase struggled to pull himself up through the hole, and found himself in a field. He squinted and sat still while he waited on his eyes to adjust to the light.

"...Wow. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen this..." he noted. "I'll have to work all the harder so that General Millicent can see it too." With that, he began to look around. He was several yards from the fort, but his sense of direction was completely whack. "...The sun rises in...the east? Or was it the west?" he wondered aloud. He had been unconscious when the Evoidians seized him, so he had no clue which direction they had come from. He sighed with exasperation.

Suddenly, Chase heard the neighing of a horse. The yellow-haired man began to look around for the source of the sound, and he gasped with joy as he saw a light gray horse, armored in green with a blonde mane and tail, galloping at full speed across the hills. "Silverlight!" the cavalier exclaimed. Of all things, he hadn't expected to see that his horse was alive and well!

Silverlight slowed as she approached her master, and Chase was quick to inspect her for injuries. There were a few wounds here and there, but nothing was serious. "It's great to see you again, gal." the yellow-haired cavalier said. patting his mount on the neck. He wondered if Silverlight had followed the Evoidian army when he was captured, and if she had been waiting for him to appear ever since.

Suddenly, Chase realized that his sense of direction had returned to him. The hills of which his mare had come from were north of the fort; the battle had taken place north of the river there. The silver horse was eyeing him expectantly, as if saying 'Well? You going to ride me or not?' The green-armored cavalier climbed atop his horse, directed her to the north, and issued the command to gallop.

[[ Okay, back to the time of my last post ]]
...The Pure-hearted Child...

Prince Ryan hadn't even moved from his spot when the cloud-haired general issued orders to look around. The young child was too disgusted and grieved at the sight of death that he couldn't get any part of his body to move.

"Sir!" one of the knights said, catching the prince's attention. General Fremont turned his attention to the knight. "We've counted 30 dead Triannion soldiers, sir! General Millicent was not one of them."
Fremont tried to disguise his sigh of relief.
"Sir." a blonde-haired female mage, along with 9 other soldiers, had returned from scouting. "There's a blood trail leading south. Other than that, there's no signs or clues." she said.

Prince Ryan turned his sky blue eyes to the adult next to him. A blue-haired Lunarian was towering over him, but the smiling man's eyes were fixed on the horizon. The man glanced back, and spoke gibberish that Ryan couldn't understand. The yellow-haired Lunarian staggered next to the tall Lunarian.
"Um...hi." the prince greeted, awkwardly. The blue-haired archer turned to Ryan and smiled.
"We have company." the archer remarked, motioning towards the horizon.
Prince Ryan couldn't see anything for a few moments, but he noticed something coming towards them. "What is it?" he asked.
"...A knight. On one of those." the Lunarian motioned towards Fremont's horse.

Before long, Prince Ryan realized that the blue-haired man was right. He could make out a green-armored soldier atop of a horse. "General Fremont! It's a Triannion cavalier!" the prince said, excitedly raising his voice.
Fremont spun around and gazed upon his superior, and Ryan pointed to the distant soldier. "Green armor...it's part of Millicent's unit!" the man remarked.

By the time the cavalier had reached the army, he slowed his pace. Prince Ryan was surprised to see that the man's light yellow hair was actually made of yellow and white strands mixed together.

"General Fremont..." the green-armored cavalier said, jumping off his horse.
"Who are you, and where are the others?" Fremont commanded.
"I'm Chase, General Millicent's right-hand man. You recognize me, don't you?" Chase replied.
"...Millicent...tell me, is she alive?" Fremont asked, his military voice disappearing at the thought of the female general.
The yellow-haired cavalier nodded. "But she needs help, and fast." he replied. "Her right arm was badly wounded, and death creeps closer by the day."

"ALL TROOPS, HEAD SOUTH!" Fremont commanded loudly. "We retake the fort!"
^
Rathe
 Posted: Jan 22 2010, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Banished to Troll Land

>>>Blood Mage<<<

Two days. Two long, uneventful days full of traveling. The only things Rathe stopped for was to catch his breath and to sleep. Water ran out after the first day, so he was exhausted and plenty dehydrated by the time he reached Prylyn.

The city itself was nothing special. It was a relatively small city situated in central Triannos. The exams would take place in and around the city over the next three days. But Rathe couldn't stay to watch the contestants. He was in a hurry and had to get to the fort as soon as possible.

Just on the outskirts of the city, there was a sign that said "Sign up for the Exams at the city square. Rathe was exhausted, dehydrated, and the sun was setting, so he hurried to the city center.

There were five booths set up for signing up for the exams. Rathe picked the one with the shortest line. It wasn't even five minutes before he was giving his name. "Rathe Arania, Mage, Spell Developer." The person at the booth stated "Okay. You are scheduled for tomorrow at one hour before sunrise." He was too tired to debate the time that he should be scheduled at. "That will be fine," Rathe said with a sigh. "Now for something to drink," Rathe muttered and headed for the cafe that he passed on the way to the sign-ups.

The cafe was about half full. He took a seat by the windows and a waitress came over to take his order. "What can I get you?" she asked. "Water. Three glasses." Rathe replied. His chest was still heaving from the running. It wasn't long before the waitress came back with three glasses of water on a tray. She set it on the table and just waited there. Rathe felt a little awkward with her standing there and waiting, but he immediately downed them all, stopping to breathe between each one.

He wasn't thirsty anymore, but now the exhaustion was setting. Rathe reached into his robes and pulled out a sack of coins. "Do you have any rooms?" he asked. "Yeah. Fifty gold per night," the waitress told him. "And its three gold for the water." Rathe pulled out fifty three gold coins and handed them to the waitress. "Fine. Just tell me what room." "Go down that hall. It's the third one on your right." "Have someone knock on the door to wake me up two hours before sunrise," Rathe told her as he dragged himself into the room, locked the door, placed a knife on the table, and collapsed on the bed. The sun had just set.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\______ Day Three______///////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////Two Hours Before Sunrise\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BAM!
BAM!
BAM!
BAM!

The loud bash on the door caused startled Rathe from his sleep. He sprang out of bed and reached for his knife on the table. Just as he reached for the knife off the table, he realized that this was his wake-up call. Rathe felt much better after having slept for the night. His exhaustion had faded away.

Rathe scrambled to get ready. He had to be at the exam site in one hour. From what he was told, it was taking place in an arena on the outskirts of the city. Placing his dagger in his robes, Rathe walked out the door, through the cafe, and into the city. As he walked out the door, the gust of wind struck him. Rathe shivered and muttered, "Ugh. It's chilly..."

Rathe arrived at the examination area with only minutes to spare. He stopped to gather himself before he walked in for the exams. The structure was most definitely an arena, but it was made with makeshift walls. The area surrounding it was lit by fire from torches. Shadows danced randomly everywhere. Better get going... Rathe thought as he walked in.

Rathe stood in the middle of the makeshift arena. "Rathe Arania, Mage, Spell Developer. Is this information correct?" the examiners asked. "Yes," Rathe replied. "What is your elemental affinity?" "Lightning and wind."

The exams proceeded at a fast pace. They had him preform various spells of increasing difficulty. Rathe wasn't too worried because he was familiar with all of them. The examiners noted this then continued with the rest of the exam. "We want you to preform a high rank wind spell." Rathe had just the spell. He planned to test it out during their assault on Fort Victor, but now was fine. He said, "Very well. It's not in a tome yet, but it soon will be. For the spell, I am going to need a target. Average size. Laid flat on the ground." With a snap of their fingers, the examiners had a helper bring it out. The helper laid it on the ground and quickly ran back to wherever he came from. "Ready?" Rathe asked the examiners. They nodded.

It started with a hand seal, just like most other high level spells. In his mind, he went over the routine. Concentrate on the target...... and release! In the language of magic, he exclaimed "Snipestorm!" A couple seconds afterwards, a sharp whistle was heard overhead.

The whistling object hit the the target with a good amount of force. It made a small hole through the center of the target, hitting the ground under it and sending up a cloud of dust. Everybody was unable to see the target.

With a gust of wind, Rathe blew the dust up and away, revealing the hole and a huge dent in the target where it compressed into itself, forming a bowl shape. He looked up at the examiners. Their eyes were wide open, obviously impressed. When they regained their composure, the one on the left said, "Now to the other areas of magic. We will ask you various questions about the other types of magic and their uses..."
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 22 2010, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

I want your booty!
Group Icon

-+-Friendly-+-

She was enjoying the small talk with the young soldier. She didn't feel alone, and it also took a few butterflies out from the depths of her belly. "So...what is your name?" the soldier asked, "We haven't really introduced each other. I'm Joshua, but you can call me Josh." "My name is Leah," she replied with a quick flash of a smile to him and then looking back at the earth. Her feet were hurting from all the marching, and the sun was heating her up a bit. "You alright, there?" the soldier asked. "Yeah, I'm just being cooked in this sun." She let out a little chuckle and then watched the ground again.

"So...why are you in this army? You are only 18," she asked. The soldier laughed, "Well, I'm going to fight for glory for my family and protect my beautiful homeland. What about you? You are only 14...isn't that too young to be fighting, or doing anything at all?" Leah replied, "My birthday is going to be in a few days, so it's not too bad. I'll be fifteen, and honestly, I rather not be here. But..." She paused. "Umm...nevermind." Josh raised up his right brow eyeing Leah in confusion as she had her focus on the earth.

"Ooof...I'm so sorry, cutie. Guess I was watching the clouds and daydreamed too much and lost pace. Sorry about that."

A woman had bumped into Josh while marching. "It's alright. I know how boring the marching can get." the soldier replied.

"I'll just get back to my spot...talk to you later, hun."

The woman went back. Leah giggled. The soldier said, "Aw. That was a cute giggle."

-+-Sneaky-+-

"Oh...my...gosh. This sun needs to back off!" Yasmine muttered to herself. She was starting to get a little too warm. She was tired of walking. Tired of the sun. Tired of the boredom. Tired of just the whole ordeal. She needed some excitement. Some fun. Something other than left, right, left, right. She took her water pouch and squeezed it over her mouth. Nothing. "What?" She shook the bag. Still nothing. "Oh my," she said quietly, "What shall I do?" She noticed a soldier talking to a girl. "Here's my chance."

She walked at a faster pace and bumped him. At the same time, her hands quickly unwrapped the man's water pouch from his waist and hung it to the back of her belt. She said, "Ooof...I'm so sorry, cutie. Guess I was watching the clouds and daydreamed too much and lost pace. Sorry about that."

"It's alright. I know how boring the marching can get."

She let out a fake chuckle that imitated being embarassed about her "mistake." She winked and said, "I'll just get back to my spot...talk to you later, hun." The soldier turned again to the mage who let out a giggle. "Sucker." She raised the bag and squeezed it. Nothing. She shook it. Not even a drop. This one too?!?!? she thought to herself, I am going to keel over and die...how awesome is that?

Then, they had finally scaled the last hill. The fort was visable and was about 15 minutes walking distance. You could see onyx colored armor lined up in defensive formation with the footsoldiers in the front, calvary on the flanks, and archers in the middle back. "Oh...the fun begins now."
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 26 2010, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

MROOOW
Group Icon

...The Lunarian...

Fluffy-looking white material gathered together in the blue sky, defying gravity and blocking the sun's rays. Clarence sighed with relief. "Finally!" He remarked under his breath. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and looked around. The company had stopped moving...ahead of them stood about thirty or more dark-armored soldiers.

Clarence looked around for his military partner, who was putting arrows into his quiver. 'One of these days... Clarence thought. 'He's going to get attacked and have no defense because he waited until the last moment to put his arrows in!'

Kedar stood up and shot a glanced at his military partner. His navy eyes were sparkling was mischief and his smile was larger than usual. Clarence returned an irritated scowl. He had always envied his military partner, to an extent. Kedar was taller, leaner, faster, and he seemed to have gifted eyesight. 'Well, at least I have some intelligence!' Clarence assured himself.

His thoughts were cut off as General Fremont's voice called out over the mutterings of the soldiers. "ATTACK!" Caught off-guard, Clarence failed to move with the rest of the soldiers. Even Kedar had moved away, but he had ran towards a nearby hill, and was preparing his bow for fire as he ran. The yellow moon Lunarian wondered whether he should guard Kedar or join the battle. [i'Bah. leave him.[/i] Clarence ran towards the battle, taking his spear from his back and activating it. The spear expanded itself to its full size, and he was ready to fight.

...The Loyal Cavalier...

"All right. You, Millicent's cavalier!" General Fremont had called. "Stay away from the battlefield!"
"But Sir--" Chase had tried to argue.
"Do not argue with me! You're too weak to battle! Stay away from the frontline!"

The yellow-and-white-haired man sighed as he watched the battle from half a ballasta's length away. His injuries hadn't been severe, but his mistreatment in the dungeon left him weak with hunger and thirst. Fremont was right; the green-armored cavalier was too weak to fight.

Looking around, Chase saw a pink-haired mage and one of Triannos' soldiers standing near her. A brown-haired thieft was sneaking away from the battle. A sky-haired Lunarian was standing at a nearby hill, firing his arrows at unsuspecting Evoidians. A muave-haired guy--who looked too frail to be out here in the first place--was standing at a distance, holding a staff. 'What? That free-loading bookworm is here? General Fremont actually LET that guy be in the battle? And not me?' he thought.

Suddenly, Chase felt something nudge him in the side. Chase turned to see his silver horse standing next to him. Hanging from her mouth was a cluster of grapes! It looked as if she had carefully pick them, and was now offering them to her master. "...Where did you get these?" Chase asked, taking the grapes and looking at them. Silverlight snorted in response.

This post has been edited by Blue Leafeon: Jan 30 2010, 01:52 PM
^
 Posted: Jan 29 2010, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

I want your booty!
Group Icon

-+-Mage-+-

The general had ordered an attack. Soldiers began to run to each other, ally and enemy alike. CRASH! Onyx and Emerald collided. Yelling ensued. The sound of metal crashing against metal. It was a nightmare.

Leah stayed behind since she had no place in the front lines as weak as she was physically. She got close enough to the enemy where she could cast but far away so she wouldn't be in any immediate danger. The soldier she had befriended stayed near her to protect her.

-+-Rogue-+-

"This is not the place for me. I don't belong in the skirmish...I'm a stealth person. Not brawn." She looked around to make sure no one was watching her as she slipped away into the trees close by. "Hmm...I can sneak around in these woods and get closer to the fort, then I'll sneak in and cause a distraction. I'd definitely be getting double pay for that!"

As she was running through the trees, she heard a noise. Some laughing.

"They won't know what hit them. Our arrows will catch them by surprise!"

She stopped and stood behind the trunk of a tree. She peeked. There were 6 men in Black armor walking and talking. They all were carrying bows, 3 were carrying swords, 2 an axe, and 1 a lance on their backs. Yasmine guessed those extra weapons were for close encounters. "Hmm...I have to take them out," she thought to herself. She climbed up the tree with ease, but made a rustling sound.

"What was that? Is there someone here? Show yourself!"

"Relax. It was probably just an animal. We are in the woods, and besides those idiots don't expect a thing."
PM
^
Rathe
 Posted: Jan 30 2010, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Banished to Troll Land

>>>Afflicted With Brain-Hurt<<<

THUD...
THUD...
THUD....

One hour later, the sun was rising and Rathe's brain hurt. The test itself wasn't very magic-draining, so he should be good for the battle at his next destination. But there was a problem. At the very least, he was a day away on foot.

While we contemplated how he was going to get to the fort, he messed with the ring in his pocket. One he had bought just before he left the capital, but the ring wasn't for him. It was gold with an average sized ruby on the top. The other ring he had received for passing the Exams. If asked whether he had taken them, all he would have to do was show the ring to prove it. It was silver with a sapphire.

His thoughts were answered by a loud roar. Rathe had stumbled upon the area were the dragon knight exams were taking place. It was an open field. In the sky were two dragon knights. One was most likely the examiner and the other was the exam-taker. This is what i need. A dragon knight.

By the estimates Nichole had given him, the others would arrive at the fort on the third day at midday. It was currently the third day at sunrise.
Six hours to get there. On a dragon is the only way. The duo had already stopped flying so Rathe estimated that the knight would be out in a couple minutes. He walked up to the front of the arena, sat down, and waited for him to come out. When he sat down against the wall, a small book pressed into his back. Rathe reached for it. At first he thought it was his spellbook, but when he opened it up to the last page with writing, he realized this was his journal. Rathe nearly forgot that he had it.

The journal had entries from the year before he joined Triannos' army. It was the family quest that everyone in the Arania family took when they turned fifteen. Rathe could never easily forget all that he endured in that year and only one other person knew about what happened: Nichole. His family hadn't even seen him for four years, since he never went home. That last few sentences on that page reminded him of everything. “But no one will have to know this past. Only one other person does and I know she won't talk since we both endured part of it together. Today I am going to join Triannos' army so that I can further myself even more. They won't even know. I will say that I am a scholar who wanted to support his country. If they ask why I have a higher magic aptitude than the other new recruits, I'll tell them I practiced very often. No one else will have to know about the horrors and hardships we endured. In time maybe I will forget about what happened in that year. I can only hope.” Rathe put his journal back where he had taken it from as the dragon knight walked out.

“Did you pass?” Rathe asked him in a friendly manner as he walked out. The knight was a bit confused. “Yeah. Who are you?”
“Nice to meet you. My name is Rathe Arania and I have a big favor to ask of you.”
The dragon landed right beside Adam with accuracy and look at Rathe. “Go ahead,” Adam said.
“I need someone to take me to a fort east of here. My unit of soldiers is about to attack the fort and rescue one of our generals and the only way I can make it in time is if I fly.” Adam thought about it for a moment. “Fine. I'm headed to Levi anyways, so that shouldn't be too far out of my way.” Rathe smiled. “Thanks. We should leave right now if I'm going to make it in time.”

[[Time Shift --- Five Hours]]

>>>Blondie<<<

Where is Rathe? He needs to be here for this. Nichole thought frantically. She was midway between the pink-haired girl and the front line with some of the archers with her. One archer looked back. “There's a dragon knight approaching low from the west!” he called out. All of the archers there turned around and readied their bows. Nichole was still staring at the Evoidians. They were readying their own bows to shoot at the dragon. “Stop!” she yelled. “The Evoidians are also going to attack the dragon! That must mean that it's an ally!” The archers put their bows back. The dragon rider drew closer.

>>>New Teacher<<<

Rathe's legs had long since gone numb and he was really bored. He couldn't flip through his journal because of the wind, and his headache from the exam had only receded to a minor headache. He tried to eat some bread during the flight to ease his hunger, but the wind pushed it out of his hands. Finding that journal caused many of those dreadful memories of that year to come back to his mind.

Rathe was relieved when he could finally see the castle. The battle had already started. The wind howled past his ears and he could barely hear anything. He leaned closer to Adam and yelled over the wind, “Slow down to as slow as possible and I'll jump off by that pink-haired mage!” Adam nodded. The dragon slowed down. The dragon glided in so that it made no noise. This is actually pretty slow, Rathe thought as he jumped off.

They were only about twelve feet off the ground. Rathe brings his feet under him, and, using his arms and legs, pushed himself backwards. The tail whipped by him from him as he fell past it. Wind rushed past his ears once again for the couple seconds that he fell. Then it stopped as he hit the ground crouched down on all fours. The numbness in his legs had been replaced by a sharp stinging from the impact. He landed right where he wanted to be: right next to the pink-haired mage on the other side of her soldier friend. They were startled to see him. Rathe got up on his two legs. “Bout time I got here.” Adam's dragon roared banked right and flew off to wherever he was going as Adam waved at Rathe.

This post has been edited by Rathe: Feb 21 2010, 08:37 PM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Pet Actorz Cattery FEShrine FEND